Bere island GAA 2012

Topics related to GAA
Post Reply
Site Admin
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:24 pm

Bere island GAA 2012

Post by admin » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:08 pm

Adrigole GAA Junior Bs draw semi-final

IT was honours even as Adrigole’s junior B footballers drew, 0-6 to 1-3, with Bere Island in the semi-final of the Beara junior B championship on Sunday.

With both defences being on top it wasn’t until the 17th minute that a white flag was raised with Bere Island on target. Adrigole responded with points from Aaron Jer O’Sullivan and Timmy Lynch to lead 0-2 to 0-1 at the break.

Bere Island made the brighter start to the second half, scoring 1-1 to take a 1-2 to 0-3 lead. But a free from Eoin O’Sullivan and a point by Fergus Carey restored parity, 1-2 to 0-5, going into the closing stages.

Bere Island took the lead in the 53rd minute but it was left to substitute Fergal Carey to kick the equaliser to tie the game.

As of yet no date has been fixed for the replay with Urhan awaiting the winners in the final.

Site Admin
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:24 pm

Re: Bere island GAA 2012

Post by admin » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:12 pm

Urhan are Beara B champs

URHAN were crowned Beara junior B football champions after a deserving victory, 1-11 to 1-3, over Bere Island in an exciting final played at Cahermore.

With a good blend of youth and experience Urhan dominated this encounter for long periods.

With experience strong at either end of the field, aided terrifically by lively youngsters aiming to make amends for the previous weekend’s -21 defeat, Urhan were in with a good shout.

Bere Island got the advantage of the elements in the first period, as the sun began descending to the West from where a strong wind swept in over the Atlantic.

With nature behind them, the Island were first to register a point, building on early prominence in midfield.

Soon though, Urhan captain JP Sheehan got his charges on track, dispatching an excellent free into the wind.

By the 17th minute, Bere Island had moved 1-2 to 0-1 ahead. But Urhan quickly responded with Kieran O'Neill and Kevin Harrington scoring points.

Then a really decisive moment came, as Urhan hit the back of the net through full-forward Donal O'Shea, set up by Harrington. After some discussion the referee awarded score and Urhan finally took the lead.

In the second half, scores from Dominic Dolken and Donal O'Shea pushed Urhan 1-5 to 1-2 ahead.

Bere Island pegged them back immediately but unfortunately despite their best efforts this was the close of their account.

Brian Crowley and Declan O'Neill added points as Urhan now built a nice lead with 20 minutes remaining.

Fresh from the dugout Kevin Hartnett added to the tally, making it 1-8 to 1-3. The Island continue to battle and threated the goalmouth on occasion but the experienced cousins, Kevin O'Sullivan and DJ O'Shea, protected their keeper well.

With five minutes left, Declan O'Neill put six between the sides and with two further converted frees he concluded to scoring.

This was a first title for Urhan, with great satisfaction taken from finally bringing the cup to the parish.

Urhan: Diarmuid O’Sullivan, Kevin O’Sullivan, Alan Dunne, DJ O’Shea, Niall Dwyer, Cormac O’Shea, Gavin Power, John Paul Sheehan, Kieran O’Neill, Dominic Dolken, Seán Dwyer, Brian Crowley, Kevin Harrington, Donal O'Shea, Declan O'Neill. Subs: Kevin Hartnett for Brian Crowley, Flor Harrington for Kevin Harrington, Kevin Hanley for Dominic Dolken, Michael O'Neill.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest